This mod changes the stats for the AR's, MG's, Sniper rifles, SMG's and pistols to be more "real". I though that some of stats in the vanilla game were really weird, so that's where I started. I only wanted to change the range on the Beretta and the Glock, but haven't stopped since
Most "real life" information I got from Wikipedia, World Guns and Anthony G Williams' website.
- Damage: I use bullet weight, muzzle velocity and caliber to calculate the damage values. I use this formula for all damages.
Damage = ((<bulletweight in grain>*<muzzle velocity in fps>^2)/20270250)+<caliber in mm>*5))/2- Range: I use the effective range(I change some of these to balance some weapons) and barrel lengths from the above mentioned sources to calculate the range. I use this formula for all ranges.
Range = <effictive range in meters>+<barrel length in mm)/22- Weight: I used info from the above mentioned sources for weights.
- RPM: I know the RPM in the game changes the aim-time of weapons, but after testing in-game I found the differences very small. So I stuck to the "real" RoF's from the above mentioned sources.
- Clipsize: I used info from the above mentioned sources for the clipsizes.
Still to come
- Changes to the Stance Factors and price for more balance
- Maybe changes to ammunition.txt.
- Create a configs folder in your ...\Steam\steamapps\common\jabia\bin_win32\ folder.
- Download the weapons.txt to that folder.
- Use the weapons_BD.txt if our using R@S's Blue Dawn Mod.
- Fixed AK-47 AmmoType in vanilla weapons.txt (if your using the Blue Dawn version you don't have to redownload.)
- Blue Dawn Mod 0.2 compatible
- Used 1 formula for damage calc
- Used 1 formula for range calc
- Other changes are in red
Version 0.7(0.7c)Blue Dawn
- Blue Dawn mod compatible
Note: vanilla players should use the old 0.7c version below.
- Fixed RPM
- Fixed magazine sizes
- Tweaked some weapons damage and range