47 replies to this topic

#1 Poor_Yurik

Poor_Yurik

Jagged Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:05 AM

Hey all, first time posting on here. I've been a huge JA2 fan for the last 10+ years and think 1.13 is amazing.

With that said, I am completely in love with the Back in Action demo. I've beaten it nearly every way at this point. The "easy" way (3 man patrol > hospital > swamp shack), full frontal assault, solo Magic stealth run with backstabs mixed in, and everything in between.

I have a quick story and screenshots from last night that I thought I should share with you guys : )

Last night I was doing a stealth run of the demo. I cleared out a large chunk of the map using only Magic stealthily moving around insta-killing people with a silenced Steyr Aug. At one point, an enemy stumbled on one of the guards I had killed and radioed his buddies to all reinforce the entrance to the hospital. In total, 12 enemies amassed in front of the hospital by the front entrance.

I then stealthed back around, rejoined with my squad, and moved on to clear the swamp house. After that was clear and looted, I stealthed into the back of the hospital. I set up all my guys by the hospital beds, and had Magic move in to get several more stealth kills.

Unfortunately, with a bit of carelessness I kicked up the hornet's nest:
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/506889579178104856/9172DAAD52DDC4F19549ACB0050E73716590883B/

With the stage set, I present to you...Fidel with the Grenade Launcher: :blink:
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/506889579168731682/553D9553C08EE80E9B5DB1E56780285239512711/
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/506889579168746057/EFF022F9820D8183453AF2AE10F1EFCFCA2003FC/
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/506889579168749659/7B26B9730CBC42CFC36A30582290FA8FECCF7F98/

#2 BobbyDylan

BobbyDylan

A real Bubba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:06 AM

Lol, Nice!!!!!

The launcher didn't drop any ammo when I had my playthrough. I ended up getting rushed in the same spot, and that launcher would have made a great addition.

#3 70sCommander

70sCommander

Reitman's Fate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:10 AM

Nice one ...

#4 Poor_Yurik

Poor_Yurik

Jagged Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:14 AM

Lol, Nice!!!!!

The launcher didn't drop any ammo when I had my playthrough. I ended up getting rushed in the same spot, and that launcher would have made a great addition.

Make sure you check all the shelves and rooms in the swamp shacks near where you start.

I can't remember a time that I haven't found a launcher and 3 shots for it in them.

#5 Omegakill

Omegakill

A real Bubba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:25 AM

Nice screenies I haven't got a nade launcher in any of my play throughs, although I'm upset they aren't using the correct ammo for it, it should be 40MM grenades not those rocket things (think in game description was 63MM rocket or something similar).

I think it's always interesting to see what different peoples tactics were, I would of set up C4 at different points and used someone to attract their attention and use the C4 to do most of the damamge, but each to their own.

#6 R@S

R@S

Reitman's Fate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:02 AM

I have seen the 40mm grenades in the GUI files, so they might be in the game but not used. If they are it would be fairly easy to re-activate them.
http://bluesunmod.webs.com/

#7 Naterstein

Naterstein

Unfinished Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:43 PM

@Ras, Coreplay made a mistake in the demo at least. The M79 uses the 66mm rockets (which are actually for unreloadable LAWs, but whos keeping score?) instead of 40mm grenades.

Hopefully this travesty against gun pr0n is fixed soon. Only us 7.62 players with our gun hard-ons care about small goofs like that.

#8 berowe

berowe

Jagged Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:48 PM

I love that M79... but it drives me nuts that it seems to fire like a LAW-- I hope that this is the ammo's fault. So ugly, I want that "thunk" sound from all my favorite 'Nam movies too...

I got a couple of lucky hits in that same doorway, the bodies were piled so high and close together that of the 10+ KIA I only had to click on one green briefcase to loot from every single one of them.

Off topic, but somebody really needs to teach the AI not to stand in the fatal funnel... How crazy would it be to watch them breach in on you (intelligently)-- sprinting in, each sticking to his own sector-- left wall/right wall/center, coming on line and opening up... If the AI is lacking in the full game I hope that someone can mod squad/team tactics into it...

#9 Naterstein

Naterstein

Unfinished Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:33 PM

I love that M79... but it drives me nuts that it seems to fire like a LAW-- I hope that this is the ammo's fault. So ugly, I want that "thunk" sound from all my favorite 'Nam movies too...

I got a couple of lucky hits in that same doorway, the bodies were piled so high and close together that of the 10+ KIA I only had to click on one green briefcase to loot from every single one of them.

Off topic, but somebody really needs to teach the AI not to stand in the fatal funnel... How crazy would it be to watch them breach in on you (intelligently)-- sprinting in, each sticking to his own sector-- left wall/right wall/center, coming on line and opening up... If the AI is lacking in the full game I hope that someone can mod squad/team tactics into it...

Agreed on all points especially the "thump" from which the M79 received its nickname: Thumper.

Flanking, two-prong pincers, L- shape ambushes, and room clearing would be awesome tactics to see used against the player instead of full frontal assaults; however if he hadn't had that M79 I think he woulda been toast due to the current close range mechanics and the limitations on burst fire (speaking from experience). What would be much fancier is if they had split up into 3 groups, one going thru front door, some coming from that office door, then some flanking to the backdoor.... that would have been lethal for the mercs; however much more rewarding for the player. I'd much rather be outwitted thru tactics, than outshot by some silly game mechanics.

#10 Connor_MacManus

Connor_MacManus

Reitman's Fate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:59 PM

Ok,

so I found tons of those 66mm rockets and the M79, but I didn't put 66 and 40 together...

Gonna try in my next run-through of the demo.

#11 Omegakill

Omegakill

A real Bubba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:10 PM

I've only just seen that you can't place C4 anywhere you like, are you serious? Please tell me this is just a limitation of the demo.... This is meant to be a tactical game, and if part of my tactics is to lay down C4 near a chokepoint, then let me do that, do not limit me!!!!!

#12 70sCommander

70sCommander

Reitman's Fate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:34 PM

Removed post because it's insulting ...

#13 Battleseed

Battleseed

Fresh Blood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:26 PM

Please implement this asap or I never ever play any computer game for the rest of my life... :D

Nobody here cares if you ever play a game again, but if you promise to stop posting, I'm sure BitC will do what they can to implement it.

#14 Phoenix

Phoenix

Unfinished Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:45 PM

Its the truth! Except it or die :D

It's the language! learn it or shut up and die (ideally both, though)

#15 insidius

insidius

Jagged Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:43 AM

This might be cool if Fidel didn't sound Mexican now.

#16 bitComposer_Michael

bitComposer_Michael

Producer

• Administrators
  • 1763 posts
  • LocationDeutschland

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:54 AM

Warning level for 70sCommander +1
Warning level for Phoenix also got higher. Last Warning to you. Your current level is 9 out of 10.
I won't answer all questions. I do my best to answer those I can and I am allowed to answer.

Please note: Check my profile for updates sometimes. Cause sometimes I update it with interesting posts. Or with informations about my holidays. Which also can be interesting if you are waiting for support.

#17 Bishie

Bishie

Reitman's Fate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:54 AM

Warning level for Phoenix also got higher. Last Warning to you. Your current level is 9 out of 10.

Lol, sounds like an RPG or something.
However I presume max level is ban. :o

#18 bitComposer_Michael

bitComposer_Michael

Producer

• Administrators
  • 1763 posts
  • LocationDeutschland

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:55 AM

That is correct.
I won't answer all questions. I do my best to answer those I can and I am allowed to answer.

Please note: Check my profile for updates sometimes. Cause sometimes I update it with interesting posts. Or with informations about my holidays. Which also can be interesting if you are waiting for support.

#19 Phoenix

Phoenix

Unfinished Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:58 PM

Warning level for 70sCommander +1

warning level 9 out of 10? where are those nine warnings suddenly coming from? and what is 70ies commander's warning level? 18 out of 10? 27 out of 10? the guy is abusing other posters in every single line he writes, why is his current warning level not shown in your posting while mine is and why isn't it jumping 9 points at a time but only +1 even if he writes pretty much 1:1 the same i did?

Are you simply giving everybody whose opinion you don't like 9 out of 10 warning levels in order to limit their means to express their opinion? dissatisfactiona and critique is very hard to phrase if one only has the very most polite literary means at his disposal, effectivly silencing an opinion...

#20 70sCommander

70sCommander

Reitman's Fate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:04 PM

warning level 9 out of 10? where are those nine warnings suddenly coming from? and what is 70ies commander's warning level? 18 out of 10? 27 out of 10? the guy is abusing other posters in every single line he writes, why is his current warning level not shown in your posting while mine is and why isn't it jumping 9 points at a time but only +1 even if he writes pretty much 1:1 the same i did?

What? I think this is not true, why are you flaming me... and you abuse me in this moment, with this statement.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users