Glitch

Unfinished Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Location27.488781,-71.444092

Posted 01 September 2012 - 03:30 PM

logocfj.png

This is the Crossfire version of the Combat Evolved mod. The features so far are the same as the original mod, in time they may develop particularities, but now it's not the case.

WARNING: A new game is required when installing the mod. It is 0% compatible with vanilla savegames.

== Installation ==
1. By default, the mod uses Az GUI icons and pictures and the difficulty is set to normal. To install the mod with the default options simply extract the contents of the archive to the game folder.
2. To play the mod with the vanilla-like icons and pictures, go to <game folder>\bin_win32\textures\interface and delete all the file whose names begin with "ui_equipment_". After that, extract the content of the CE-Vanilla-Icons.zip to the game folder (archive will be found in the game folder).

== Requirements ==
The mod is compatible with game version 1.01 . Using any other game version will most likely result in crashes and/or unstable behaviour.

== Known issues ==
- all the handgun attachments will change the firing sound to suppressed (can't be fixed by mods yet).
- the weapons with built-in silencer are not actually silenced (can't be fixed by mods yet).

== Changelog ==
v1.00.10912 Beta - initial release

If you feel like supporting this mod (which is in no way mandatory but is really appreciated due to the fact that JA: BiA modding tends to eat up my time in which I could be otherwise productive) you can btn_donate_LG.gif (any amount is welcomed).

Download CE for Crossfire v1.00.10912 (includes military base crash patch)

#2 DogOfWar

DogOfWar

Fresh Blood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:59 PM

wow so fast great work Glitch, just having .txt files to alter is great but mod changes are uber and seem to be working fine on my version, save games seem to be a loss but nbd for me at least :D

#3 afrofrosch

afrofrosch

Fresh Blood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:09 PM

Nice, loved the mod for JBIA! But the game immediately crashes when loading any old saves - do I have to start a new game after installing the mod?

#4 Glitch

Glitch

Unfinished Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:14 PM

Nice, loved the mod for JBIA! But the game immediately crashes when loading any old saves - do I have to start a new game after installing the mod?

Yeah, I forgot to mention that. When every bit of data about everything in the game changes, the game crashes with vanilla saves.

#5 afrofrosch

afrofrosch

Fresh Blood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:41 PM

So, is there a way to uninstall your mod?

#6 Glitch

Glitch

Unfinished Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:21 PM

So, is there a way to uninstall your mod?

Delete the following folders in your <gamedir>\bin_win32 folder
character
configs
interface
sounds
textures
weapons

#7 HansW

HansW

Reitman's Fate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 11:59 PM

omg CE is again so good, its like freaking platin edition

#8 Gen. Drax

Gen. Drax

Jagged Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 09:16 AM

Nice Work !

Finally I can play as hard as should the game should be.

Installing and providing feedback as soon as i can.

Thank you for the great job

#9 imenjak

imenjak

Fresh Blood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 09:43 AM

Posted Image

This is the Crossfire version of the Combat Evolved mod. The features so far are the same as the original mod, in time they may develop particularities, but now it's not the case.

WARNING: A new game is required when installing the mod. It is 0% compatible with vanilla savegames.

== Installation ==
1. By default, the mod uses Az GUI icons and pictures and the difficulty is set to normal. To install the mod with the default options simply extract the contents of the archive to the game folder.
2. To play the mod with the vanilla-like icons and pictures, go to <game folder>\bin_win32\textures\interface and delete all the file whose names begin with "ui_equipment_". After that, extract the content of the CE-Vanilla-Icons.zip to the game folder (archive will be found in the game folder).

== Requirements ==
The mod is compatible with game version 1.01 . Using any other game version will most likely result in crashes and/or unstable behaviour.

== Known issues ==
- all the handgun attachments will change the firing sound to suppressed (can't be fixed by mods yet).
- the weapons with built-in silencer are not actually silenced (can't be fixed by mods yet).

== Changelog ==
v1.00.10912 Beta - initial release

If you feel like supporting this mod (which is in no way mandatory but is really appreciated due to the fact that JA: BiA modding tends to eat up my time in which I could be otherwise productive) you can Posted Image (any amount is welcomed).

Download CE for Crossfire v1.00.10912 (48.9 Mb)

great work Glitch

#10 eregorn

eregorn

Jagged Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:42 AM

Great job Glitch.
Thx for this version of mod CE for Crossfire. ;)

#11 Gen. Drax

Gen. Drax

Jagged Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:55 PM

Hello, Glitch.

Sadly game is crashing on Military base load up coming from Mine/Roadblock sector allowing no more progress towards the objective and still the (in)famous AKS-74U displays SMG in its description.

Beside some attachment for rifles you can attach to SMG (Sling to Bizon, for ex).

I'll try to load up map of Military Base from south sector.

This is the error if useful:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: GameJACrossfire.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 502d179b
Fault Module Name: GameJACrossfire.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 502d179b
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0011f76c
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

#12 afrofrosch

afrofrosch

Fresh Blood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:05 PM

Delete the following folders in your <gamedir>\bin_win32 folder

character
configs
interface
sounds
textures
weapons

I decided to start all over and I guess I won't regret the decision.. the mod looks great and feels like a completely different and better game.
Thanks for the effort you guys put into this mod!

#13 Glitch

Glitch

Unfinished Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 10:47 PM

Added patch for Military base crash, see first post.

I couldn't leave behind an unfinished/ non-functional product, so I took my time to fix it, but now I would like to announce that for an undetermined period of time the support for the mod will be at best limited, but more likely non-existent. Real life has taken over, I thought that donations might solve part of the problem but not a chance. I want to thank the 2 people that donated and I want to thank everyone else for their feedback, it really helped the mod grow into what it is today.

#14 Bull123

Bull123

Jagged Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:00 AM

... still military base crash (overwrite ao_characters.txt) :(
or do I have to start a new game after patch? ARRrrrgggg... :unsure:

#15 Glitch

Glitch

Unfinished Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:46 AM

... still military base crash (overwrite ao_characters.txt) :(
or do I have to start a new game after patch? ARRrrrgggg... :unsure:

Unfortunately a new game is required after installing the patch. Sorry guys.

#16 Gen. Drax

Gen. Drax

Jagged Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:26 PM

Added patch for Military base crash, see first post.

I couldn't leave behind an unfinished/ non-functional product, so I took my time to fix it, but now I would like to announce that for an undetermined period of time the support for the mod will be at best limited, but more likely non-existent. Real life has taken over, I thought that donations might solve part of the problem but not a chance. I want to thank the 2 people that donated and I want to thank everyone else for their feedback, it really helped the mod grow into what it is today.

Thank you for all your effort.
Hope we could see you again or this game will fade with you.

Quick question: is it possible to chance the starting amount of cash but still retain the hard setting ? 30k or 25k should be ok. 20k limits too much the choice at start (Eh always taking Flo as mule/cheap medic).

#17 Glitch

Glitch

Unfinished Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:21 PM

Beside some attachment for rifles you can attach to SMG (Sling to Bizon, for ex).

Forgot to answer this one. It's a vanilla thing. If I make it accept handgun attachments, the merc will hold it like a pistol/small SMG. Wherever I could do that without looking ridiculous, I did it (see FN-P90 and Magpul PDR). There are weapons though that would look ridiculous being held like pistols. Hopefully this will be addressed at a point since this is the only things that restrictions attachments in any way.

Quick question: is it possible to chance the starting amount of cash but still retain the hard setting ? 30k or 25k should be ok. 20k limits too much the choice at start (Eh always taking Flo as mule/cheap medic).

Starting money is hardcoded, it can only be changed with 3rd party programs, if you're into that it's not hard at all. Other solution is to drop the merc prices by around 1/5 in ao_characters.txt if you're only playing on hard mode. But the low starting money is there precisely for that, to limit your choices, I'd say :D

#18 Jag

Jag

Jagged Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:35 PM

Good work Glitch, thank you for this great job with CE ;)

#19 Bull123

Bull123

Jagged Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:01 PM

My question is, how this should be even more challenging? Difficulty level Nightmare... :)

- How to get the maximum number of enemies in each sector? (if not yet)
- How to make a stronger enemy troops? (...mean enemy patrols - levels/guns/numbers) -> no longer weak/small patrols with handguns -> militia not any chance without your mercs help.
- And how often enemy attack / send these patrols (shorter interval value would be nice).

- As well as the number of armors should be limited availability.

#20 Glitch

Glitch

Unfinished Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:01 AM

My question is, how this should be even more challenging? Difficulty level Nightmare... :)

- How to get the maximum number of enemies in each sector? (if not yet)
- How to make a stronger enemy troops? (...mean enemy patrols - levels/guns/numbers) -> no longer weak/small patrols with handguns -> militia not any chance without your mercs help.
- And how often enemy attack / send these patrols (shorter interval value would be nice).

- As well as the number of armors should be limited availability.

1. Change ao_locations.txt.
2-3. Nothing about patrols can be changed.
4. That is a good idea but it needs to be properly implemented to maintain balance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users