98 replies to this topic

#81 theWul

theWul

Fresh Blood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:16 PM

Let's say for a moment that you broke it. Good job. What have you achieved? What was your motivation in this? Did I somehow provoke you by voicing optimism or were you just looking for an argument?

Faith broken, sadly yeah...
What for?
What lesson learned?
DO NOT BUY CROSSFIRE.
only so companies will learn, at least the surviving ones...

#82 HansW

HansW

Reitman's Fate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:04 PM

i guess the things you bought in shop are in the ship at your starting point on first map, alternatively you can access sector inventory on world map

crossfire actually has really nice map design, they put much effort into it.

but it was too short and again 100 times angryness "WTF this is so ridiculous how can a 90mark 90dex merc miss on 5 meter range 3 times while cursor shows perfect shot and enemy turns around and one salves u" and stuff like that
but on the other hand its great fun

#83 LordChaos

LordChaos

Fresh Blood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:38 AM

Can someone who actually has the time and inclination to watch two thirty-minute videos give a reasonably objective breakdown of this? Are there any gameplay improvements (as opposed to just content additions)? It seems like the guy just babbles and occasionally makes content references instead of actually talking about the game. Just watching the first five minutes, it looks like the "burst-fire sniping" problem of the AI might have been resolved, but that's not much of a sample size.

i was wondering when i was playing JA:BIA why enemy's where hitting me with burst fire from very far range lol.

#84 Jernau

Jernau

Jagged Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:02 AM

Enjoyed playing a few hours today. There's a lot of CQB and I like it. New Mercs are great too.

To the folks who are expressing their outrage about the lack of polish and unresolved core issues, this kind of stuff has sadly become the norm in the industry. Bethesda, Bioware, even Firaxis to some extent all put out games this way. For whatever reason, around the time the game industry overtook the movie industry, post release betas, vaporware gameplay mechanics and never-to-be-resolved-bugs became the norm. I suspect the cause lies in the massive growth of the industry and the economic pressures that accompanied it. Going from a 4 billion to a 65 billion dollar industry in 8 years tends to do that.

I'm not excusing these practices, and I'm certainly not happy about them, but I do acknowledge that they have become the status quo. On the bright side there is good news. The renewed interest in CIV4 due to the Fall from Heaven 2 Mod, the massive sales of ARMA post DayZ release, and the renewed interest in KOTOR2 have all been modder driven. Publishers can't help but take notice of this. So rather than asking the programmers if there's some way to include a gun that fires upset avians, smart publishers will put pressure on developers where it can do the most good, making it mod friendly. From what I've seen, bcMichael has been doing just that. I'm looking forward to the next JA! Till then keep the content coming and I'll keep buying it and playing.

#85 HansW

HansW

Reitman's Fate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:04 AM

"Are there any gameplay improvements "
There r not, atleast i did not notice.

Sometimes the AI seemed very clever, great grenades, very good positioning but could be random, as it sometimes is still stupid as hell- like i cant kill him cause hes in good cover, but then he just runs toward my mercs to get mowed down.
Most stupid: in one specific sector when enemy attacks with sent squads like 5-6 of them always move to one position and would stand still, while they get rifled down one by one, no reaction at all.

"it looks like the "burst-fire sniping" problem of the AI might have been resolved"
i didnt notice, its still common. Mid range fighting often results in frusttration as you sometimes have like 2 fully equipped mercs lvl 10 like raven dieng vs one burst firing enemy (one burst you die sometimes, while you do with g36 like 1-2 dmg per shot)

also frustrating: i heard the phrase "is it ok if i miss that shot?" too often - when standing at a window, firing at an enemy 3meters away, you have the initative in firing and after first burst he stops shooting cause he says he cant, while cursor is green...
and of course sometimes cursor perfect shot 90mark, 90dex, 10meters, but still he misses and misses and misses and gets killed by one burst

crossfire it really great, but i hate those "gameflow breakers" as in BIA, as you plan everything right and the result is like rolling a dice, makes it frustrating sometimes.

#86 ElmoNL

ElmoNL

Little Ivan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:48 AM

Most of the posts were TL;DR, so uhm, here's the question again (didn't see an answer):

Are the 10 new mercs from this DLC also available in the main game once it's installed?

#87 Bishie

Bishie

Reitman's Fate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:02 AM

Most of the posts were TL;DR, so uhm, here's the question again (didn't see an answer):

Are the 10 new mercs from this DLC also available in the main game once it's installed?

It's a a seperate game as far as I know, so I doubt it. o.O
Perhaps someone who actually owns both games can answer.

#88 Glitch

Glitch

Unfinished Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Location27.488781,-71.444092

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:44 AM

Short answer: no.
Long answer: zero's mod M.E.R.C. is back adds the Crossfire mercs to the vanilla game. Combat Evolved mod includes zero's mod among other things, meaning it has the new mercs as well.

#89 ElmoNL

ElmoNL

Little Ivan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:59 AM

Long answer: zero's mod M.E.R.C. is back adds the Crossfire mercs to the vanilla game. Combat Evolved mod includes zero's mod among other things, meaning it has the new mercs as well.

Ah thanks. I was reading these forums for the first time in months and saw the progress in mods, so I was going to try and install CE already.
Hope I can manage to change one of the standard mercs (Grizzly being my favourite) into myself by changing the name, stats and equipment in one of the config files. Managed it before, no need for some fancy tool ^^

#90 Glitch

Glitch

Unfinished Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:01 PM

Ah thanks. I was reading these forums for the first time in months and saw the progress in mods, so I was going to try and install CE already.
Hope I can manage to change one of the standard mercs (Grizzly being my favourite) into myself by changing the name, stats and equipment in one of the config files. Managed it before, no need for some fancy tool ^^

You should wait like a few hours tops before downloading, I'm almost ready to release a new version.

#91 ElmoNL

ElmoNL

Little Ivan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:46 PM

You should wait like a few hours tops before downloading, I'm almost ready to release a new version.

I'm at work now, won't be home for another few hours anyway ;)
Will CE be updated right away too, then?

Edit: silly question, the whole thread about CE is yours. Lol.

#92 swatti

swatti

A real Bubba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:55 PM

Did i understand this right? No improvements what so ever AND we cant even use the "new" stuff as in mercs OR guns in the original game!?

Not worth a 5-dollar DLC if you ask me, still big props for the map-makers.

Back to waiting patches... Waiting, so, so very long...

#93 ElmoNL

ElmoNL

Little Ivan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:03 PM

Ok... is it done yet? I don't see an update on the mod thread... :(

#94 Glitch

Glitch

Unfinished Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:18 PM

In a bit, updating the first post as we speak.

#95 janb

janb

Little Ivan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationPrag

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:29 PM

Guys, when does one earn some decent cash in Crossfire? Something like a diamond bag by the waterpump in JABIA.
Starting money is low, Sidney costs almost 30.000 and a team of 3 affordable toons is imo quite lame.

Also I decided not to hire mercs I used in vanilla which is a goodbye to Fox, Wolf, Nails, Raven, Magic and Reaper :)

#96 gfacsilva

gfacsilva

Jagged Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:04 PM

The achievements in Crossfire also dont seem to work( recruit, etc)
And are the forums dead except for the crazy posts ?!?!?!

#97 Naterstein

Naterstein

Unfinished Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:44 PM

Despite a number of bugs that still need fixing, I am enjoying Crossfire more that BIA so far. Instead of reinventing the wheel (the wheel being JA2 and Arulco) they should have just released Crossfire, the DLC packs and maybe more expandalones or expansions, albeit at cheaper price points. Thankfully I received a good price during a Steam competitor's sale.

Most silly bug so far has been after healing himself, Biff, did not seem to reequip his weapon and apparently Force-punching at a guy across the room and doing damage.

Is it me, or do Crossfire bad guys seem to drop guns/equipment less often than BIA? Ive been thru about 2 double sectors, and 2 standalone sectors. Out of 30-40 enemies, that seemed to be pretty well kitted, I had a ton ammo I dont use drop (9mm, 5.45 I think) but only about 5 crappy, nigh-repairable handguns or machine pistols? I do seem to have picked up enough 9mm to last the rest of the campaign.

Last complaint, I know that Combat Evolved ( I am not a fan of game mods usually) fixes alot of issues, but in both games the Devs seem to promote taking 1-2 uber or good mercs for the first half of the game rather than recruiting 4-5 mercs you can grow and mold to your liking. I guess this is the fault of the 7 point per level leveling system mostly. Vanilla JA2 seemed to afford you this flexibility.

#98 gfacsilva

gfacsilva

Jagged Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:18 PM

I like the game a lot. And i also like BIA.

It has some bugs like the achievements and i've seen some enemies appearing from the bottom floor of a house to the top floor by magic... :)

but what is worrying me is that there is no official feedback. Before there was allways someone on this forums to provide quick answers and the fixes were uploaded to steam. But now not a sinlge word :(

#99 janb

janb

Little Ivan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationPrag

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:32 PM

Guys, a question about leaving a sector.
Im at the town where Im supposed to collect merchant's goods and bring them back to Bras village (quest). I fight my way thru half of the map, collect the goods but cant leave the sector. That is I leave but as soon as I get to worldmap the sector gets attacked and Im back in the town.
Is this a feature? Do I have to kill all opposition in a sector?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users