98 replies to this topic

#21 bitComposer_Michael

bitComposer_Michael

Producer

• Administrators
  • 1763 posts
  • LocationDeutschland

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:21 AM

When will the English version be available?

The English version will available in the same time. We provide our games in EFIGS per standard. And usually also do a russian version.

Uhm, 3 days later there's no fix for a CTD issue

It has already been handed out to Steam.
I won't answer all questions. I do my best to answer those I can and I am allowed to answer.

Please note: Check my profile for updates sometimes. Cause sometimes I update it with interesting posts. Or with informations about my holidays. Which also can be interesting if you are waiting for support.

#22 Thai Bao Zinx

Thai Bao Zinx

Little Ivan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:59 AM

Uhm, 3 days later there's no fix for a CTD issue in an essential [and early] part of the game but we're getting ravings about the next addon and the DLCs that are obviously the reason why the modding tools weren't released. And the community wishlist stands there with pressing issues like unbalanced melee, retarded AI, SEVERE performance issues, not working core game mechanics (and that's just the VERY IMPORTANT part of the list). This is NOT good management if you ask me...

The first release of JA BiA already got lots of bad reviews, if this is the state of the game after all these months I don't imagine the next release from the publisher will be welcomed/trusted as much (or at all). I mean really, leaving game-breaking bugs for days in a game is hardly a proof of seriousness/commitment. Not to mention the "patch" that took over 1 month to add 2 scroll bars, a 1 pixel gap and change some stuff in a localization. Given the source code, a single modder would have probably done that over night and for free.

I know that this is a money-driven business and not a charity case, but nobody is asking for charity here, they're asking for fixing of what they were promised, support is implied by default in such cases until the product is polished to the advertised/promised state. On the long run you're making more money if you have your client's confidence than... what you have now, a quick grab for a 5 bucks worth from DLCs. After all, you'll turn to roughly the same clients to buy the next releases, clients that you're now ignoring/misleading (and I took the euphemismic approach here, despite what I initially had in mind).

I really hope that this should change, because it would be a shame to see the franchise failing yet again, this time due to bad marketing decisions.

Yeah like JA2 now we have a game better than Orig, have more real than BiA in Inv system

#23 Smoje_DK

Smoje_DK

Jagged Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:54 AM

Spot on, Glitch !!

There's clearly a dedicated following of this franchise - people who have been waiting for a long time for the next part in the Jagged Alliance saga - and then they get this seemingly half-finished product.

I'd bet, that if any of the bC-devs went out and bought a car with as many flaws and bugs as JABiA, they'd return it to the dealer ASAP - and when he promised to fix it and they got it back, but they couldn't use the stick, they'd probably go as nuts and frustrated as many of us (I gather) in this community. I mean, we've PAID for this product - and it's broken.

I know games are not flawless, but they get FIXED by the people sold them.

I don't want a revlution of new stuff in each patch - hell, that's what DLCs and Add-Ons are for, and I will happily endorse those - but I want the initial product I paid for to WORK properly, and if it's broken, I want the people who sold it to me to FIX it - it's called responsibility to your customers.

I'm sorry to say this, but patch 1.13 made JABiA playable - the mods made it enjoyable (but that's just my opinion).

I really urge the people at bC to take the community serious and take responsibility for the products they sell.
Hats off for you modders and tool-makers who bust your b**** to make this game every bit as anjoyable as it should be!!

#24 Apache

Apache

Fresh Blood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:55 AM

It has already been handed out to Steam.

I'm really glad this has been done.

We do appreciate your time in visiting these boards and interacting with the fans. I understand that it can't often be a pleasant experience for you, and you probably get very little out of it.

Are there further updates in development?
and,
What is the best means to report bugs and glitches?

#25 Marv

Marv

Jagged Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:37 AM

I am looking forward for this great opportunity, to have some fun :)

#26 Robot

Robot

Jagged Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:33 AM

Greed and incompetence of someone at BitComposer - that is how it looks for me now. Trying to make fast and easy money on the broken game is killing JA brand and fans trust in this devs and publisher. Even if they make some totaly new JA game in the future, I doubt there will be a lot of fans that would like to purchase it after all...

#27 JoshuaAstray

JoshuaAstray

Jagged Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:16 AM

I preorder the game,can't wait to see a brand new JA game,but now I won't pay for any follow DLCs and add-ons unless the devs regain my trust that they would make a good tactical game.
Yes, make the game light and you can get more quick sells,but make the game have depth and hardcore can make your game classic,which will bring longterm sells,which also benefits all DLCs and fellow games.
I can't say the metascore 62 is totally fair but that have shown the attitute of hardcore gamers.

#28 Chaos Monkey

Chaos Monkey

Jagged Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:52 AM

I'm with Glitch,Smoje_DK, scope112,zero etc. on this one. Can we not get the basic game fixed - just the niggling issues like CTD, pathfinding - tweak the AI, surpressing fire, recruitment/equipping of militia through map etc? As it stands the DLC to date has been some camouflage gear (camo wasn't implemented properly anyway..) - and a couple of scenarios... If the basic game was overhauled enough to work successfully you'd get better reviews, and get a stronger fanbase. Clearly we're all still here because it shows a lot of potential (and you're close enough for us to love it) - but at the moment I can't help but feel that the talented fanbase(to name just a few sbobovyc, Glitch, Finnbat) are showing more love to the basic product than the devs.

I think you did a cracking job with sector inventory for example (patch 1.13a was a huge step forward!) adding line of sight etc. DON'T concentrate on new scenarios until you can justify calling the vanilla game complete. You've got a map editor - hurray for you! Now - let me start thinking what the modding community could do with it... And finally the people that bought the game are actually geting annoyed with the DLC's. Isn't that a bad sign - considereing that they are not standalone DLC's and need people to buy the base product?

#29 swatti

swatti

A real Bubba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:42 PM

bitComposer Games and Kalypso announce the first add-on to the successful strategy game Jagged Alliance: Back in Action...

SUGGESSFUL!? Its not even finished yet!

Atleast tell me the gameplay has some fixes in it, then maybe, just maybe you can justify releasing new content. Im starting to feel you guys are ripping off Jagged Alliance fans.

We dont want new maps, mercs, or fancy plots. Give the fans what they want, make it paid DLC even(IMP ^^), have you even seen the wishlist?!

You cant fix a broken game with more content. First make it good, then give it more content.

#30 Thai Bao Zinx

Thai Bao Zinx

Little Ivan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:29 AM

SUGGESSFUL!? Its not even finished yet!

Atleast tell me the gameplay has some fixes in it, then maybe, just maybe you can justify releasing new content. Im starting to feel you guys are ripping off Jagged Alliance fans.

We dont want new maps, mercs, or fancy plots. Give the fans what they want, make it paid DLC even(IMP ^^), have you even seen the wishlist?!

You cant fix a broken game with more content. First make it good, then give it more content.

You are right, keep one eye on wishlist

#31 swatti

swatti

A real Bubba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:56 PM

Is it just me or have the devs gone silent allmost completely? Cmon guys, talk to us, like the great fat one said: "how hard can it be?"

#32 Im@rtAl

Im@rtAl

Reitman's Fate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:14 AM

hmmmm i don't know it seams you guys are a little too harsh ... have you played the game when it was launched compared to what it is now ? seams to me a lot has changed since then to the better . Also do keep in mind that this game engine has been really used in ways that the devs didn't intend to be used but have implemented it due to "consumer" demand .

The game it self i believe has reached its "limit" . Iam sure they are working on a new title with a completely new engine .a JA 3 maybe ;):) And that game that will hold more of your so called "wish list " requirements . But again not all :P ... the money required to make all wishes come true are far beyond bit composers capabilities .

Overall the devs are throwing out fixes and patches , some official ones and some silent ones continuously , so it is in there best interest to fix the BIA series as good as it at can go . But try to consider the dlcs is a great way to continue enjoying bia till the new title comes out .

especially for the ones that have finished the game a few times already . I actually look forward to new dlc as i can't look at arulco anymore as i overplayed it :)

#33 swatti

swatti

A real Bubba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:46 AM

Jagged Alliance has a HUGE fanbase, one not easy to satisfy. Harsh, jeah but its big shoes to fill too ^^

My sincere thx for the answer. Yes, A LOT has changed to the better, but a lot remains. Now we know why, this is what i have been waiting for, a reason why.

Now im happy.

#34 choponet

choponet

Fresh Blood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:36 PM

Are there a release date?

P.D.: Make a I.M.P DLC, I'll pay for it.

#35 Mindless

Mindless

Reitman's Fate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • LocationCape Town, South Africa

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:31 PM

“Plan & Go once more combines RTS and turn-based strategy" So realtime + turn-based = realtime with pause? That doesn't seem right as P&G is in NO way turn based.

#36 Bishie

Bishie

Reitman's Fate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:44 PM

Yes yes, pretty pictures and promotional crap.

What I want to know is, what features will be in this.
What can we expect from crossfire, what improvements will be added.
Because seriously, I'm not that thrilled on paying full price for a map pack with some new weapons and mercs.

#37 fidai

fidai

Jagged Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:55 AM

Any idea when its gonna be on steam (english)?

#38 Im@rtAl

Im@rtAl

Reitman's Fate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:37 PM

What I want to know is, what features will be in this.

CrossFire Gameplay #1

CrossFire Gameplay #2

#39 Bizzyb

Bizzyb

Fresh Blood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:07 PM

Just so the makers know, I will not be buying this game until you put custom mercs back in. Ive read where you lie and say its about balance and several other excuses. But im from America, we are use to lies said to us and we see right through the bullshit. A friend has the pirated version since not many are willing to buy this right now and ive seen tons of problems. Another 20$ expansion isnt what you need right now. Get it together.

#40 Landwalker

Landwalker

Jagged Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:27 PM

CrossFire Gameplay #1

CrossFire Gameplay #2

Can someone who actually has the time and inclination to watch two thirty-minute videos give a reasonably objective breakdown of this? Are there any gameplay improvements (as opposed to just content additions)? It seems like the guy just babbles and occasionally makes content references instead of actually talking about the game. Just watching the first five minutes, it looks like the "burst-fire sniping" problem of the AI might have been resolved, but that's not much of a sample size.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users