First of all, I would like to thank BitComposer/Coreplay for their continued support to improve JA: BIA.
All of you can contribute to this list, such that BitComposer/Coreplay has an clear overview of the wishes of the community.
I will try to continuously update this list with all of your contributions.
Important link:: Official Patch v. 1.13 Bug Report
Note: List has been updated/modified since patch v. 1.13!!!
Please formulate your suggestions clearly and be concise.
To make this process manageable, I would like to ask all of you to submit your fixes/wishes in the following format:
First the appropiate section of suggestion, example:
Please add the following in the next patch:
Secondly,the appropiate sub-section of suggestion, with underneath your suggestions, example:
1. Militia Arming: It is very tedious to run to each militia individually to arm them. It should be possible to arm them via a 'list', just like sector inventory.
2. Extra plan & go linking actions
Please fix the following:
Artificial Intelligence (AI) issues:
1. Overpowered melee enemies --> Your mercs need a few seconds to aim before taking down a rushing/straight forward running melee enemy, whats up with that?
2. Weak/dumb/unsurprising enemy AI --> sometimes enemy still doesn't react to when he is getting shot at or hears loud gun fights/running mercs. Furthermore, enemy mostly swarms, it would be nice if they would flank the player and work together in squads.
3. Militia with medkits will try to heal mercs with unrecovered health (healed until black line) repetitively for nothing if you stay close.
4. Surpression fire does not have any effect. The enemy will keep storming you carelessly.
5. Global zone alert: if mercs are spotted by the enemy, they should make a global alert. --> Not the current situation: where half of military base are looking for intruders, but others walking around like nothing ever happened. ==> If explosion or gunfire was heared by enemies, then enemies should search relentlessly for mercs.
Bobby Rays Gun Shop issues
1. Currently, you can order unlimited amounts of items/weapons. --> Add a random number for each currently available item, like in JA2 before, instead of an unlimited amount.
2. Inability to view your order after you have placed the order: E-mail says ”Your order has been processed”. --> you should be able to view the order at any time, to keep in check what you have ordered.
3. Bobby Ray doesn’t sell: Camouflage Wood/Desert Uniform?
1. When player merc see new enemy the camera goes to that spotted enemy, but it goes over the enemy and you cant see him/her. You have to drag the camera backwards every time and that is frustating in the long run. So what we need is a camera script which tells the camera guy that dont rush the camera if the enemy is already in the camera picture.
2. Kill cam is not working appropriately. --> There is no killcam when YOUR merc kills an enemy.
3. Indoor camera: When fighting indoors, the player encounters issues with regards to the roof of buildings. Sometimes you lose view of the indoor battle, because the roof reappears again. --> We need an option to toggle on/off the roofview permanently. This should be independent of Line of Sight of the merc.
4. Sometimes your MERC has 'certain to hit' chance to shoot the enemy, but then suddenly loses sight and does not shoot. Or: sometimes your enemy is able to shoot you, but due to camera issues, you are not able to target them. --> This mainly happens around windows. Your gun will literally be pointing at their face and you can't fire.
5. Game gets stuck while holding ALT-button on keyboard and moving your mouse cursor to the end of the screen.
Enemy Patrol Issues:
1. Enemy patrols almost always only attack Cambria. Other locations hardly get attacked.
2. Enemy patrols are highly predictable: almost always a half dozen enemies every single time about 1-3 times a day. --> Some more variety in number of enemies, number of attacks and number of locations attacked would make the patrols less predictable and more fun.
1. Correct certain transcript (text does not match dialogue) mistakes. This is apparent when you hire certain mercenaries or when you talk to certain NPC's. (These are small flaws, e.g.: when Magic does not accept your offer, he says join them clowns, however the transcript says those clowns). --> There are many more such mistakes to be found across the various dialogues.
2. Moral level "Exited" should be 'excited'.
3. The description of the "4x Telescopic Sight" item is the same as the "Reflex Sight" item. It should have its own description, or at least copy the description of the "12x Telescopic Sight" item. The current description of the "4x Telescopic Sight" item is - "A reflector or reflex sight is a generally non-magnifying optical device that allows the user to look through a partially reflecting glass element and see a cross hair or other projected image superimposed on the field of view." - which is clearly wrong.
4. Missing transcription text when hiring certain mercenaries or talking to certain NPCs.
(Cheating) Strategic Map issues
1. When you open the strategic map, the time forwards automatically. --> The player should be able to choose whether time should be forwarded, therefore the automatic setting in the strategic map should be set to: time is PAUSED.
2. Traveling time: you can cut a lot of traveling time moving between sectors, as much as beating the game within a single day!
3: Traveling time: By making sure that your MERC constantly eat food, they never get tired, which enables the player to never rest their mercenary and keep on 'rushing'.
1. Using melee is overpowered in begin game --> you can take out whole Drassen and Cambria, by just using an expert melee (like Bull) and rushing enemies with an axe. --> enemies should be more alert and react faster to rush tactics
2. Aiming times --> they are totally unrealistic/frustrating at times right now. This is especially apparent in close quarter combat (like the situation above with melee enemies or indoor combat)
3. Fix Camouflage issues --> Camo hardly has ANY effect currently?
4. Fix issues with goggles/sunglasses --> Currently they hardly affect gameplay
5. Grenade issues: it is ridiculously hard to throw a grenade through a window or fence.
6. Enemy tanks are too easy: You can take them down with 2-3 grenades, whereas they should actually not affect a tank. Only LAWS/rockets should 'hurt' tanks.
7. Mine equipment damage: When you step on a mine and it explodes, it should damage your whole equipment (all armor and your weapon). It currently doesn't.
8. Melee attacks damage your armor, while they shouldn't. Melee is very frustrating and unrealistic and should be fixed.
9. Shooting from the hip takes longer between shots if you don't use Plan and Go. --> When you use plan and go, after the first shot, the weapon fires at the rate of fire until empty, or the target is dead. In the free mode, it seems the timer starts over for each shot.
10. Bind attachments to weapons: not to merc slots, so we don't need to place again attachments when switching weapon.
11. When a merc has a shot planned with a clear line of sight and the enemy turns around the merc reacts with "i can't make that shot" and loses focus. Re-planning loses a lot of time, and therefore you lose many firefights where your merc had the advantage. --> The merc should keep the shot in case the enemy turns around, too. Probably the engine looks if the firstly aimed side of the enemy is able to be hit by the merc. When the enemy turns around this is not possible although the target is in a clear line of sight.
12. There are plenty mercs which hate others but don’t care morale-wise if they are in the same squad. The voice files for such arrival/join complains exist, so it’s maybe an oversight.
13. RPCs like Miguel, Carlos, Ira, Dimitri, Dynamo, Shank, etc. have normally relations to others but they are ignored. The voice files for these relations exist too.
14. Sneaking behind an enemy and shooting him in neck, should be given a "bonus" impact and drop the guy immediately. --> Now the system calculates it like shooting from a far distance, not like it should be!!
15. Female mercs have trouble shooting over sandbags or out of/inside windows and sometimes over these concrete barriers when crouched: These first buildings, sandbags and barriers in Drassen Airport are good examples where that happens, possibly anywhere else too. Line-of-Sight is often there but the shots bang easily against the wall of buildings. The female AI seems to have the same issue once in a while. Females got a disadvantage over males there.
16. Lack of options to open doors 'silently': The merc always kicks the door open, which removes the option to go for a stealthy approaches indoors.
17. Ballistics issues: You cannot shoot through soft cover with high powered rifles. There are no ricochets. You cannot pepper a building with suppressing fire as a tactical option. In JA2 you could spray fire into a building and it would cause all sorts of problems for the enemies within. It simply makes no sense that a flimsy plank of wood would stop a FMJ 7.62mm round travelling at 800+m/s. In BIA you cannot even snipe an enemy through an OPEN window from range because of the lack of camera pan / targeting problems. This limits building assaults markedly.
18. Spotting / sniping: This ties into the ballistics. Why can I not have a specialised stealth spotter in the field mark targets for my sniper team? What would stop a trained sniper putting
several rounds through a piece of soft cover downfield that a spotter has marked as containing an enemy? In BIA it is even difficult to know who can actually see who without playing with the cumbersome guard mode. In fact, none of my mercs will even ATTEMPT to shoot anyone they deem impossible to hit. I don't ask the earth my little mercs, but just have a go at it
19. MERC stance: should be unrelated or not combined to their firing rate. Each stance should have the possibility to shoot from the hip or take a well aimed (slower) shot.
20. Melee enemies: Their rushing tactics are way too effective. Especially in close combat, there is hardly any way to stop their rushes.
21. Pathfinding: MERCs and NPCs don't move around smoothly, they sometimes get stuck or interfere each other.
22. Health/Healing system: Current health system is very forgiving to the player. You can keep on healing your MERCS during combat. There should be more consequences or penalty in getting hit!
23. Change the mechanics of items: remove the grading requirements for use. Instead, make a difference in the usefulness of the application (the mercenaries are not idiots - everyone knows how to use bandages and repair kits, but everyone has different skills)
24. It should be impossible to destroy tanks with grenades or grenade launchers. They should be destroyable with an LAW only
25. Should be harder to attain shots to the head (e.g. both the use of sniper rifles and the ability to perform shots to the head should require a certain marksmanship level)
26. Shots to the head MUST be lethal (it is ridiculous to have enemies survive two shots to the head with an M82)
27. Shooting moving targets is impossible at times --> It's very annoying when the target is close to your merc, that your merc often fails at taking a shot at him (Merc will say: 'Can not take the shot.'. Then the target just stops moving and will shoot your merc to death. (This happens often during gameplay --> very frustrating!)
28. Weapons are unbalanced: --> Sniper rifle takes way too long to aim, using an assault rife is way more deadly. There should be more balance in that regard.
29. Melee should be selectable instead of range based. Your merc should still be able to take a shot at very close distance.
30. Current enemy is challenging due to quantity, not quality: --> There should be smarter AI that can tactically challenge a player rather than just giving the AI better weapons and more skill points. Quality vs Quantity.
31. When you command your MERC to open a door, he should actually open the door, instead of having to it twice currently.
32. Repairing a slightly damaged item should cost less than repairing a highly damaged one.
33. Gun attachments should stick to the respective weapons
34. Trait revamp: night operations trait should give a bonus to night vision range instead of a bonus to morale
35. The game should remember positions when going to world map and then coming back in a sector. It's mostly annoying when defending Cambria. Currently we can't prepare a defense and wait for the enemies to come. We only have a few seconds to place our mercs. If we want to place a few snipers on the roof, they won't be ready at the start of the battle.
36. Shooting legs should slow down the enemy soldiers.
37. Enemy patrolls attack Cambria too much. They should attack other strategic points too. It seems they are focused on Cambria 90% of the time.
1. Sometimes, when the whole squad is positioned together, bright green overlapping sight zones make enemies hard to see and target.
2. Night time colors are bluish pink instead of just proper dark. --> Night should be much darker!
3. When the players puts an Silencer on the Automag, it is levitating at the end of the barrel.
4. Scopes on some SMG's are at the end of the barrel (looks like Silencer):-)
5. Clipping issues: weapons going through walls, merc weapon/shoes disappearing in ground etc.
6. Father Walker has eyeglass on the tactical map, but when talking to him he doesn't have glasses.
7. Female stun animation after being hit by an gas grenade: (holding arm before the eyes) wildly shakes when it’s looped.
8. Holding animation of the P90 is flawed
9. Physical size of most of the weapons are incorrect -->they are too huge compared to the size of the mercenaries.
1. No dynamic weight of the equipment: for example, repair kit with half of the charges should weight 2 times less that a new one. I think it's rather easy to link charges with weight reduction steps (1 charge - 0,5 kg)
2. In the inventory exchange screen (selling or storing where character attributes are not visible), when displaying the stats for an item, showing your current attribute for the highlighted item. For example, moving the mouse over a syringe will show its stats and the requirement ("Required: 20 Medical"). It'd be helpful to display underneath your current attribute for that category.
3. Grenades weight always stay the same, even when the your old box of 3 grenades now only contains 1 grenade. --> Just like with ammo, when the amount of grenades goes down, the weight should drop.
Mercenary hiring issues
1. Unable to fire/dismiss MERCS: this makes it impossible to change your team or to get certain mercenaries, because you might have an mercenary who is disliked by the one you wish to hire.
Mercenary traits issues
1. Certain MERC traits do not work correctly/don't have any effect --> Bargainer, Explosives Adept/Expert, Loner, Tough. Furthermore, the Amazon trait gives a morale penalty when working in a team with at least one man, but there is no bonus if there are only women in a (full) team what the description tells.
2. Amazon trait should have a bonus per woman and not only with a full team of women. --> Maybe best would be a morale bonus if there is another Amazon in the same team. Anyway, at moment it's a quite harsh penalty with so many male mercs around.
1. Militia Arming: It is very tedious to run to each militia individually to arm them. It should be possible to arm them via a 'list', just like sector inventory. --> Big issue!
2. Remove or simplify the need to maintain the militia equipment and treat injuries between battles.
3. Making the militia get armor automatically depending on level. (as I see it, body armor is already too rare, if it is not bought)
4. Militia doesn't seem to make any effort when your own MERCS are in the sector. --> They seem to get 'lazy' or 'stupid'.
1. When you 'receive' a quest in-game, there opens a dialogue with the quest info, however the dialogue/explanation disappears very quickly. --> Fix could be: keep the quest log open for indefinite time and user can close it themselves after having read it.
2. Quest log in laptop lacks information. It would be nice to include information such as, WHERE you can find certain NPCs (if you have to return to talk to them). --> Example quest log says: return and talk to Fatima. It would be nice to include, where Fatima is actually located.
3. Number one psycho "Slay" is located at southern sectors very far away from you. --> He should be placed somewhat closer to the starting sectors (northern part of the map), since he is the first psycho and you will only get new jobs (new psychos to kill) when you have executed Slay.
4. The quests are a total mess and don't follow a good plan. You basically have to conquer the whole map at first before solving most of them. Few of them are already solved before you even get the quest if you don't follow the obscure master plan.
5. Obtaining Da Honko Limited Edition Cereals is a gamekiller --> $1.000.000 is too much, for balancing purposes: $100.000 would be better. Still very good money, but not gamekilling in terms of balancing.
Save game issues
1. If you have more than 6 saves, you can't scroll on the Load Game screen. You have to delete some to see the older save games.
2. Save game needs OWN name. When you have many saves, you are not able to distinguish your savegames. --> It is difficult to find the right savegame.
3. Unable to delete multiple save games at the same time --> It is cumbersome to delete many savegames, because you have to do it manually for every single savegame. --> Button to select multiple save games and deleting them would solve this issue.
4. Do not allow the game to create an automatic save game if one of your mercenaries has just died
Sector Inventory Exploit
1. Duplicating items via sector inventory: Image example
2. Dropping weapons directly in the sector inventory (that is NOT using the "drop"-Icon) these weapons are gone upon next view of the sector inventory. --> They are simply non-existant anymore. Just happened to me in Cambria, dropping an M-14 and some Assult rifle, closing inventory, opening it again. Weapons were gone!
1. Various MERCS voices sometimes 'interrupt' each others' speech.
2. If your merc happens to spot an item instantly after you killed your enemy, he 'interrupts' or 'mixes' his victory speech with his item finding speech.
3. When praising or mourning buddies, the speech for the wrong buddy is sometimes played if a merc has more than one buddy.
4. When a MERC levels up, it’s disturbing if the leveling merc and the praising buddy talk at same time. A delay for the buddy praise would be better.
5. Reduce noise levels of weapons with an integrated supressor: MP5SD & Vintorez. Sound of a shot is silent in game but the scale of noise level skips up 100 %.
6. Nails' voiceover has a considerable lower volume than the other mercenaries' voiceover.
7. Some kind of sound dumping system is needed when sneaking around. --> Now, even when we have MERCS sneaking, we hear the sound in normal tone, and it is unrealistic when the merc is tramping like an elephant behind a bad guy. You would think that the enemy must be deaf.
8. Dr Willis has two different voice actors! --> See videolink at low end of this post.
1. No weapons class classification found in respective weapon stats: --> The players has no idea, which weapons belongs to which class (automatic rifle, sub machine gun?) Therefore, it is difficult to arm your MERCS appropriately.
2. Misleading weapon descriptions: for example in AKS-74U's description it says SMG, however it is considered an AR.
1. Certain users report game crashes
2. Bad GPU optimization --> (Graphics card gets highly loaded)
3. Low frames per second (FPS) on systems which should be more than sufficient to run this game.
4. Lack of real manual explaining how the game works. Example: Do sunglasses have an impact on marksmanship?
5. Severe performance issues in 'busy' towns.
Please add the following in the next patch:
Artificial Intelligence (AI)
1. Flanking enemy AI instead of constantly swarming
2. Enemy patrols working in squads --> Currently they work in very small groups, would be nice if the enemy also has BIG squads with BIG/Strong weapons to hunt you down
3. More alert enemy AI to gunshots or general sounds (like running, reloading sound)
4. Enemy Morale: When enemy is having high casualties, they resort to fleeing or hiding. Or regroup with other enemy patrols from different sectors to come back stronger!
5. Alert system - is it possible to insert alert system in case enemy notices dead body, with ability to move and hide bodies by MERCs with high strength (yes, commando mechanic would be ideal). For example, alert can lead to alternative patrol tracks, enemies climbing to roofs for better observing, enemies gathering into groups, additional lightning on (shooting in kingpin villa MUST affect enemies' behavior in main San Mona area)
Bobby Rays Gun Shop
1. Enter the number of items you want to buy instead of repeatedly clicking + - sign when you want buy something.
1. Fully horizontal view: the possibility to set the camera as close as possible to merc. This could resolve certain aiming issues and providing the user with better overview in certain situations.
2. Tweaks to the camera control allowing the player to "tilt" the camera angle more so they are not looking almost straight down.
3. Add the option to turn the camera with only using the mouse instead of pressing "Alt".
1. The ability to choose next/previous e-mail when you have an e-mail open, without needing to close that and open a new e-mail.
1. The possibility that your mercs actually dies instantly --> so no medical recover ability --> should make the player play more cautious. --> Now player can think: oh who cares, i can just plain rush, because I can recover my merc from death instantly.
2. Loaded Secondary Weapon instead of having to reload your secondary weapon each time
3. Give the player opportunity to heal and repair from strategic map and in game!!
4. IMP --> Create your own personal mercenary
5. MERC --> Addition of a rival mercenary company to AIM
6. Return of deleted cities/sectors, such as 'Omerta' and 'Chitzena'.
7. Implement either a mode of transportation to ease the process of restocking gear. ex. let us get a truck, or two, or open up different sectors for airdrops. --> Zones opening up for airdrops could be opened or shut depending on control of relevant SAM sites being liberated.
8. Player option to select that enemies drop all carried loot: Let the killed enemies drop everything they have. Because, right now, it's not very realistic to be able to see that dead enemy is still holding his weapon and being unable to pick up. And, since this would increase the amount of stuff players will have to carry around, that would necessitate addition of master loot screen.
9. Dual-wielded shooting: equipping a merc with 2 pistols/small SMGs (left and right hand) and giving him the opportunity to shoot both guns simultaneously.
10. Throwing knifes - please, bring it to the game, could be also good after normalizing melee power
11. Only kick doors open if in run mode. Volume of opening doors should be based on stealth skill, independent of stance. Some doors should always be noisy, like the metal garage doors.
12. More 'immersive' or 'epic' end game. To prevent spoilers, endgame will not be discussed, but many users find it very disappointing... (the final confrontation and 'ending')
13. MERC Strafing: give the option to have your merc strafe around corners, or to say take a peek.
14. Extra view when using scopes on snipers: Now in this 1.13 version when we have the enemy hidden if not inside the view values from perceptions.txt we need to consider a small macro to snipers who have best scope on sniper rifle. That is because it is not possible to snip when not seeing anything. And in reality thos scopes works for snipers as long distance aids.
15. More options for guard mode: for now mercs can attack any target with low chances to hit. But at some cases this option is not acceptable. Instead, add the option to open fire only if the chance to hit is "good" or better;
16. Shoot-on-sight moving mode: this is very useful for cleaning buildings operations with smg or another close combat weaps. Mercs for each step do check for enemies, and if one of them checked as visible and ready for attack - exec shoot-on-sight procedure.
17. Mercs can side flip or walk back from line of enemy fire: useful to emergency change position. Video from game "Man of Prey": Man of Prey Example
18. Ability to shoot someone while walking/running
1. Weapon/general slots - combat knife is rather small item, and should be stores in general slot, not weapon one; counter verse, repair kit should have more "charges", lower wight and should be stored in weapon slot
2. General slots' "capacity" - 1 slot shall include 2 lockpicking/explosive kits, 2 small medpacks, etc. Current storing of several Dahonko packs in 1 slot is not of that realistic (anyway, realistic size of the items should be used)
3. Enemies inventory - even if drop all option implemented, guns shall not be carried by dead enemies (death animation should be made without weapon)
4. Enemies inventory - should be severely damaged in case of explosives wound, especially weapon carried (as a compensation for drop all option)
5. I would suggest is having two equipped weapons positions on the Character Detail View. Raise the Primary weapon slot up a bit and have a Secondary weapon slot just below it. Also have the Secondary weapon slot reserved only for handguns, SMG’s, knifes and machetes (axes would be a primary weapon) and add a switch weapons button to the order buttons. This would enable to a faster switch to the merc's backup / close in combat weapon with out reloading the weapon.
6. Please allow the player to discard/delete items from the sector inventory
7. Extra button for 'drop all carried items to sector inventory': Currently it is tedious to re-arm your mercs, because you have to drag and drop every single item to the sector inventory. Having one 'drop all' button should make re-arming more streamlined.
1. Some sort of option to (slightly) repair armor. (Maybe dependable on armor type and mechanic skill)
2. Having multiple shipping locations --> (Instead of just being able to ship to the airport, maybe it would be better to have the option to ship to ports and/or coastlines?)
1. An hybrid of the old JA2 system (learning by doing) and current distributional XP with an xp-cap on certain skills. This would ensure solder specialty (as demanded by many) and also satisfy fans of the classic JA2 leveling system.
2. Change the way experience or skill building works or give more points per level based on intelligence.
1. The choice to hire an mercenary WITHOUT gear.
1. Change the code regarding music files, to enable modders to insert extra music files (more than the current standard: 3 for combat, 3 for map, 3 for neutral and one for main menu) --> the playlist should be as long as we want if we just put the files in sequential following number orders.
2. Open the map section to modders. This way customers can either purchase your map packs or use custom user generated scenarios.
1. Doubleclocking the squad in the left list should move the camera to the squad
2. Jobs/assignments from ja2 should return; that includes training mercs, repairing items and training militia (should take time obviously) instead of just handing them a weapon
3. Add a sleeping action to the strategic map to recover stamina more quickly
4. Add different need for sleep for mercs
5. Give the player the ability to modify squads while engaged in the tactical map, that way the player can concentrate certain elements of squads for certain tasks in new squads without having to switch between squads, which quite frankly is far from comfortable. For example during later stages of an assault on a city, a room clearing squad can be formed etc.
User interface / user accessibility
1. Militia management from strategic map --> Current militia arming is way too tedious and time consuming
2. Quick save and Quick Load options by pressing a single button
3. Number of seen enemies in MERC portrait: put the number of enemies your merc currently sees in their respective portraits, just like in Jagged Alliance 2 --> currently it is not always clear which merc can see which enemy!? --> Especially for players who will play with FoW, this addition should be mandatory!
4. Put names above important NPC's instead of the '!' mark. It's much nicer and clearer (provides distinction between the various NPC's) to see the NPC name instead of a '!' mark.
5. Mouse over green boxes shows items (no need to open every box to see its content , huge time saver)
6. Give own names to savegames.
7. 'Key on keyboard' to select all mercenaries at once.
User personal customization options
1. Multiple difficulty levels
2. Key binding: provide the user with options to assign keys himself.
3. Option for true MERC death: When my MERC health goes zero, he/she REALLY dies --> (Or there is very limited time to revive him/her).
4. Random map generator where the player can choose difficulty setting, quantity and quality of the enemy within a chosen map.
5. Gameplay option: 'Enemies drop all loot when dead'
6. Option to select your starting budget
7. Option to have all guns available at Bobby Ray's all the time
8. Generally: gameplay modification options: budgets, loot droppings, quests etc...
9. Gameplay option: MERC Level cap ON/OFF
10. Option play with MERC level cap ON/OFF.
Hopefully still possible for this game, otherwise for next installments:
1. Longer intro movie --> Current intro movie is just plain short and doesn't immersify the user with the story.
2. More cut scenes --> We all miss the cut scenes between Elliot and Deidranna. It really added to the game!
3. Outro movie --> I don't want to give spoilers, but the current ending/outro is very disappointing/lacklustre/unspirited...
1. More dynamic dialogue --> More answering options, where you could actually give a wrong answer/ask the wrong questions, which could make you fail your quest!
2. One important and cool thing in the original JA was the possibility to speak between mercs with the small mouth icon. They were telling their opinions about other team members or saying something cool and funny.
3. In the previous games there were more merc speeches after shooting/killing enemies. More dialogue made you feel more attached to the characters. You had the feeling that they are people with their own personality,but now they seem to be robots for hire,just killing machines.......
1. Fully destructible environments
2. Being able to cut wires/fences
3. More real life physics regarding bullets and explosions
4. Underground battles
5. New (extra) mercenaries --> bigger roster of mercenaries.
6. Synchronizing squad attacks
7. (Junk) ITEMS merging to create new items (such as gun attachmens, explosives, radar etc.)
8. More weapons
9. More attachment slots
10. More transportation options --> Cars, helicopters, tanks, buggy's etc?
11. Moving enemy tanks --> current enemy tanks don't move!!
12. Enemy tanks with machine guns --> this should make tanks tougher!
13. More MERC traits, likes/dislikes and humor
14. New country(s) location. Time to fight in other parts of the world from Arulco.
15. The possibility to kill friendly NPCs
16. Heavy weapons and more mine variations.
17. Ability to shoot locks on doors.
18. Expandable inventory: by the means of backpacks, pouches, etc. --> just like in the JA2 (at least in 1.13)
19. Jump into windows or jumping over barriers
20. Crawl under certain materials
21. When you put merc in crouch position, having the option further decrease moving speed, to be more stealthy. Currently, you can only be truly stealthy by being prone.
22. Integrate additional functionality to map locations. Permit the owner of the location to benefit from certain bonuses such as increased world map speed, decreased world map stamina loss (if no vehicle), remote shipping locations from online orders, etc.
23. More access and use of water. Wading through water was one of the coolest aspects of JA1.
24. More extensive dialogue system with more options.
25. More extensive characters/humor like the old Jagged Alliance games.
26. More varied environments: more use of 'mountains' and terrain variance to use as cover for your mercs.
27. A Plan and Go action for "shooting while moving".
- Add two versions of the action, one version would be moving slowly while shooting (aimed), and the other one would be moving fast while shooting (from the hip)
- would allow the player to perform "more" realistic room clearing
- would allow the player to use a wider array of tactics in CQB for example: 1 team of mercs suppress an enemy, another team storms the enemy while shooting.
- would improve the value of SMGs and shotguns by making them more effective
28. Destroy walls via rocket launcher, grenades, C4 etcetra.
29. Climbing certain environments without an ladder --> For example: 1 merc lifting the other.
30. Option for: 'Auto switch to secondary gun when main gun has no ammo'. --> This could be a time saver in fierce battles.
31. Add a ghillie suit to the game (and make camouflage finally have an effect)
32. Ability to have your MERCs do suppression fire.
33. Claymores and other directional killzone type mines
34. Grenade arc control, launched and thrown. M203 please.
35. Allow for em-placed deployed weapons for defensive purposes; i.e. heavy machinguns/automatic grenadelauncers
36. Shoot while on the move: (This should have disadvantages compared to taking an aimed shot)
1. Better portraits --> more in the detailed style of classic Jagged Alliance 2
2. Natural/organic weather effects --> e.g.: the weather can turn from sunny to rainy during the fight.
3. Shattering glasses
4. Natural/organic day-night shifts.
1. Versus Multiplayer --> Think of JA: Deadly Games.
2. Co-op multiplayer
1. Improve gun sounds --> Use realistic gun sounds, current gun sounds are at times very fake.
2. Improve voice acting --> Certain actors did a fabulous job, however certain NPC's have horrible voice acting (think of Pablo for example)
3. More music variety --> Current soundtrack gets old fast, because there is hardly any variety.
4. MERC/NPC level entry speech --> MERC/NPC gives a speech when entering a new location
5. Better sound effects: Current melee or battle ending sound effects are very 'cheap'.
1. By pressing shift button and mouse pointing item at merc inventory show tip about values of equipped item
Video's containing fixes/suggestions for JA:BIA
Jagged Alliance: Back in Action EXPOSED
Jagged Alliance: Back in Action - REMAKE by Dan
JA:BIA --> E3 Overview 2011 --> This video is included, since here you can see that an old alpha version of JA:BIA contained many features, which fans want to see included in the current game. Such as: IMP, MERC, more extensive strategic map, healing and repairing from strategic map, etcetra. Evidently, there is already written code for these features, so it shouldn't be too hard to put them back in the game.
Dr. Willis --> 2 different voice actors!
Podcast by professional reviewers about orginial JA2 --> This podcast discusses what made the original JA2 such a great game.
Podcast review of JA:BIA by professional reviewers --> This podcast discusses the pros and cons and MOSTLY where the game should improve upon and where the game 'fails' compared to the original.
Nice video on MERC/Enemy movement improvement possibilities --> This is an example from the video game Man of Prey, which would be a nice addition for Jagged Alliance.
Edited by scope112, 01 June 2012 - 09:06 AM.