#1 bitComposer_Michael

bitComposer_Michael

Producer

• Administrators
  • 1763 posts
  • LocationDeutschland

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:27 PM

Greetings everybody.
The first of two major upadets is nearly done. However this does not mean the patch will be out in the next few days. Reason? Testing. The patch will go through an extensive testing which means it still can take some time.

What follows now is the temporarily Changelog. Note: There might be things not yet listed or things which will change again. The fixed changelog will be released with the patch itself. But for now this should be enough:

General Bugfixes
- Fixed some enemy using wrong combination of pants and shoe meshes
- Fixed Sightcones not being cleared properly when leaving a level
- Fixed Sightcones displayed in wrong direction when moving in command mode
- Shader bug fixed that caused incorrectly colored objects
- Fixed bug where tank had impact on performance
- Fixed smoke grenade (blocking sight and its visual effect duration were slightly different)
- Fixed bug where recruitable PCs like Ira became not recruitable after leaving the map
- Fixed bug where AI coud become unalterted again after saving & loading

Modding
- Added additional Weapon and Ammo IDs
- Sight distances tweaked and made more easy to modify
- Noise values tweaked and made more easy to modify

Achievements
- Fixed bug where "She's dead, Enrico" achievement would not unlock correctly
- Collect achievements are not anymore received when game has been modified

Visuals and Graphics Options added
- Launcher does not anymore check for vertex shader texture fetch, prohibiting older cards to start the game although they feature SM 3.0
- Added Distance based culling for small objects
- Added "Very High" terrain quality option in ingame menu
- Added View Distance as option in ingame menu (determines distance fog position)

Gameplay Fixes and Changes
- Civilians and potential militia recruits do not trigger mines anymore
- Children will try to maintain a minimum distance from player characters to ensure they do not clog doors or passages when following the player around the map
- Noise perception influenced by objects that cover the origin of the sound
- Enemy sight cones in 2D display in addition to 3D cones to make more clear what an enemy can see and to make lag of 3d cone calculation on slower machines more bearable
- Durability of clothing or items worn is only reduced when they actually prevented damage
- Armor is reduced only by 10% for each time it can fully prevent its protection value (e.g. if armor can potentially prevent 30 damage and only prevents 15 damage since it is hit in an already existing weak spot its durability is only reduced by 5%)
- Stamina is not reduced anymore when the whole map belongs to the player (all enemies are killed)
- Bobby Ray‘s Inventory only restocks after 3 days
- Bobby Ray’s express delivery now takes 24 hours, standard delivery takes 48 hours
- Laserpointer attachments reduce time to aim
- Targeting has several points of origin to become more flexible, further reduced chance of a small objects preventing a shot
- Picking improved, should be easier to select body zones when targeting
- Militia is always on the map even if the map still belongs to the enemy and can be recruited directly after liberating a map
- Reloading always reduces the smallest stack of ammo in the inventory to ensure that inventory space is cleared more quickly
- World Map: Travel speed is reduced when stamina is low
- World Map: Squads are forced to rest when stamina is close to 0 stamina to prevent squads reaching their target location with 0 stamina
- Explosives Skill also influences time for grenades to detonate after being thrown (e.g. a merc with higher explosive skill will “cook” grenades longer before throwing them so they explode more closely to their impact on the ground)

UI
- SHIFT+ LEFT CLICK on target orders merc to repeat the attack until the target is dead
- Merc names are displayed on mouse over
- Time to shoot is displayed as a countdown on each merc when attacking to make it more transparent that a merc is actually trying to shoot and how long it will take the merc to fire his shot
- Closing the inventory when a merc has been selected who is currently selectable in game will not reset selection to previous merc
- Added „Loot All“ Button in loot UI
- Added “Select Whole Squad” Button to Squad name
- Minimap: Left Click jumps camera to cursor position
- Minimap: Right Click orders selected merc(s) to move to cursor position
- Worldmap: Added „Enter Map“ Button to Squad UI to allow “fast travel” via the world map to be more flexible (e.g. player can also enter a map outside a combat zone)
- Worldmap: Clicking enemy squad displays level of squad members to allow the player to make a more educated guess on wheter or not he should intercept the squad or leave the defense to militia
- Worldmap: Squad UI displays slowdown or resting via status icon

Sound
- Sound played after last enemy on map has been killed

Info for the second major update? Not yet. A little tease: three core elements will be changed. One will be optional since it will create a complete different gameplay. The others will improve special things.
I won't answer all questions. I do my best to answer those I can and I am allowed to answer.

Please note: Check my profile for updates sometimes. Cause sometimes I update it with interesting posts. Or with informations about my holidays. Which also can be interesting if you are waiting for support.

#2 BGratz77

BGratz77

Unfinished Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationGermany near Cologne

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:43 PM

Sounds wonderful.
Thx for this fast reaction.

I know there are much treats about Suggestions
but 2 litle things i miss

A bug that cause that conrads legs are not visible
is easy to fix , he has the wrong value in Charakters.txt (is 3 should be ?2000 )

A Button to send a Merc back home, should be not that problematic (as suggestion his items can be dropped in the Bobby ray Container and the Charakter get his Startitems new )
Its actuall a bit problematic, Mercs like Steroid destroy the whole party

But a special thx for the "not not Supporting" of the modders and the Community around :D
I am really positiv surprised about the speed you realised this patch and his volume.

#3 superdeath

superdeath

A real Bubba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:50 PM

Thanks for the info. Been dying to hear something!

#4 UnderTow

UnderTow

Jagged Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:03 PM

Sounds great!!

i like the teaser for the next patch too, cant wait!

keep up the good work :)

#5 Echo76

Echo76

A real Bubba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:04 PM

Impressive list! I especially like the noise system improvement/modability.

And the tease thing sounds even better :)

#6 Sleught

Sleught

A real Bubba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:10 PM

Some very good decisions here:

Modding
- Added additional Weapon and Ammo IDs
- Sight distances tweaked and made more easy to modify
- Noise values tweaked and made more easy to modify

Gameplay Fixes and Changes
- Civilians and potential militia recruits do not trigger mines anymore
- Children will try to maintain a minimum distance from player characters to ensure they do not clog doors or passages when following the player around the map
- Noise perception influenced by objects that cover the origin of the sound
- Durability of clothing or items worn is only reduced when they actually prevented damage (would have been nice to have a % of our weapon preventing damage so being damaged itself (even destroyed))
- Stamina is not reduced anymore when the whole map belongs to the player (all enemies are killed)
- Laserpointer attachments reduce time to aim
- Targeting has several points of origin to become more flexible, further reduced chance of a small objects preventing a shot (Awesome, hope it works as good as it sounds)
- World Map: Squads are forced to rest when stamina is close to 0 stamina to prevent squads reaching their target location with 0 stamina (would be cool if player could set %)
- Explosives Skill also influences time for grenades to detonate after being thrown (e.g. a merc with higher explosive skill will “cook” grenades longer before throwing them so they explode more closely to their impact on the ground) (really loved that one, a god thrower will avoid giving reaction time to the ennemy)
- World Map: Travel speed is reduced when stamina is low

And some weird stuff:

- Worldmap: Clicking enemy squad displays level of squad members to allow the player to make a more educated guess on wheter or not he should intercept the squad or leave the defense to militia (Our team get a technical report of every opfor before battle? How can someone judge skill and quality just looking at outfits ? Really weird decision.) Good thing is the fact its a feature that is optional, use it or leave it alone.

Some things i miss:
A better visual accuracy or our visual cone, especially in 3D so we can be aware of height and visual limitations)
FOW and other similar aspect (but you already sayd it was in second patch, so no problem)
Getting ennemy emplacement indicator as a game option (should be easy to do)

The rest of my wishes, better combat and strategic AI, more routes for ennemy patrols, more modus operandi for ennemy patrols, diferent spawn location for ennemies in map, better defensive integration/positioning of ennemy is all more or less related to AI, i just hope it will come someday.

#7 cainezeus

cainezeus

Fresh Blood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:19 PM

thank you your guys.加油喔

#8 ElmoNL

ElmoNL

Little Ivan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:25 PM

All those changes/fixes sound great!
Just too bad there's no sector inventory (yet)...

Special thanks for fixing
- Closing the inventory when a merc has been selected who is currently selectable in game will not reset selection to previous merc

that one has caused me quite a bit of frustration :)

#9 lostprophet

lostprophet

Little Ivan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:53 AM

"Info for the second major update? Not yet. A little tease: three core elements will be changed. One will be optional since it will create a complete different gameplay" - Woohoo, that could only mean one thing... FOW!!!

A little bit of militia AI tweak and sector inventory, and I'll be a happy man :D

#10 superdeath

superdeath

A real Bubba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:02 AM

The grenade change will be very nice! This will make explosives guys much more deadly, now Wolf is even more deadly!!!

#11 Malaras

Malaras

Fresh Blood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:14 AM

Thanks !
:) :) The Shift left click to stay on enemy and kill it. :) :)
And all the other stuff also.
Great Work!

Also waiting/Hopfully get some Militia up dates. From what i've read they are not modible?

//Level 2 Citydefender Militia
Character ("Recruit_Militia1", 1)

ect.
Still kinda confused about that stuff still. Why it can't be modded and such.

#12 Poor_Yurik

Poor_Yurik

Jagged Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:53 AM

Michael, awesome patch notes.

Here is a major issue that needs to be addressed:

Enemies can see and shoot your arms through cover (including building walls) if you lay prone too close to them.

This bug also allows you to see inside of a building when your arms poke through.

Also, I'm really hoping that one of the two updates fixes guns becoming unloaded when you de-equip them. Pistols would be 100x more useful if they could be used as intended -- a quick-draw backup weapon when you don't have time to reload. I'd also support knives and pistols taking up a standard square inventory slot, rather than a long primary gun slot. As it is now, there is no benefit to having a knife over an axe besides the small difference in carry weight.

#13 Naterstein

Naterstein

Unfinished Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:21 AM

Solid start. Cant wait for this one and the next.

#14 Armafreak

Armafreak

Fresh Blood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:40 AM

Great news Michael, looks like a lot of improvements have been made.
Looking forward to trying it out. By the way, loot all option is for individual merc/containers or for sector?

#15 skeeball

skeeball

Little Ivan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:13 AM

- Collect achievements are not anymore received when game has been modified

I am not sure I'm going to like this, I mean I get the point but sucks for people like me just modd for aesthetic reasons and such. Sigh. No achievements + JA2 voices...

#16 Dilznick

Dilznick

Jagged Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:37 AM

I am not sure I'm going to like this, I mean I get the point but sucks for people like me just modd for aesthetic reasons and such. Sigh. No achievements + JA2 voices...

yeah this is the one thing that bummed me out.

#17 sbobovyc

sbobovyc

Reitman's Fate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:49 AM

Thank you, keep up the good work.
http://github.com/sbobovyc/JA-BiA-Tools
http://github.com/sbobovyc/JA-BiA-Tools/wiki

#18 lOpexl

lOpexl

Fresh Blood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:41 AM

Really nice changelog, but unfortunately it's still not long term playable without sector inventory.

#19 Maquisard007

Maquisard007

Jagged Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:46 AM

It was a bit unclear - we have new attachment type (laser pointer) but still one attachment slot? And ammo and attachment are still unloaded when a weapon is unequipped?

Oh yes, and what about sector inventory? Is it in patch 2?

#20 mp5sd

mp5sd

Fresh Blood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:35 AM

Good news! ;)
I hope the next patch will include:
- UI button for "full auto fire"
- a second weapon attachment slot
- non-self unloading weapons