7 replies to this topic

#1 DGilious

DGilious

Jagged Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:30 PM

I have this game since day one and despite my laptop being close to the minimum requirements the game has run smothly, that is until yesterday. Out of nowhere everytime I play the game the framerate drops to the point of making the game unplayable. At first I thought it was the crowded maps or some problem with my saved game but nope, the same thing happens when I start a new game.

For example, I start the Drassen airport level. At first everything seems normal, game plays fine as usual. As I advance in the level I start to notice some lag when scrolling the map and eventually things get so locked up that command inputs lag a lot (for example having to mash F10 for 5 seconds to open the menu)and weird graphical glitches start to appear, such as characters randomly start facing left/right in rapid succession while staying in the same spot and they do not carry out the plan&go orders. At this point the game looks like a slideshow and I have to quit since I can't play in these conditions.

What happened? I tried reinstalling the game but everything stayed the same. I tried playing in window mode, modified the refresh rate and lowered the detail level in the options screen but this changed nothing. Could it have something to do with steam? I don't have a lot of experience with this platform, the only game I have other than JA:BIA is CIV5 but it's not currently installed so I can't compare.

#2 HansW

HansW

Reitman's Fate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:47 AM

updated maybe to fail drivers? try format c: ^^

#3 luppolo

luppolo

Reitman's Fate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:37 AM

Have you patched to 1.06 yestarday?

#4 DGilious

DGilious

Jagged Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:08 AM

No, I've been playing the 1.06 version since it first came out 2 weeks ago.

It may be caused by steam because I downloaded the demo from a site and could play it without problems (only some lag when inside buildings).

#5 bitComposer_Michael

bitComposer_Michael

Producer

• Administrators
  • 1763 posts
  • LocationDeutschland

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:43 AM

Hm. The game ran perfectly well before? And now it's not anymore? Don't know if this is a problem of the game itself. Have you checked the performance of your notebook (like how bussy is the cpu and stuff)? Is it possible that there's something running in the background causing the problems? Trying another game with equal performance needs would be interesting.
I won't answer all questions. I do my best to answer those I can and I am allowed to answer.

Please note: Check my profile for updates sometimes. Cause sometimes I update it with interesting posts. Or with informations about my holidays. Which also can be interesting if you are waiting for support.

#6 L0st0ne

L0st0ne

Little Ivan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationGermanland

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:23 PM

yea i can confirm the lags, has to do with the gfx-glitch, mostly on the airport @ the vendor. guess there are some problems with the glass, cuz i saw gassdoors doin it to @ cambria mine for example. frames drop down rly badly

#7 bitComposer_Michael

bitComposer_Michael

Producer

• Administrators
  • 1763 posts
  • LocationDeutschland

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:39 PM

Okay if it is cause of the gfx-glitch than this should be fixed in the coming update.
I won't answer all questions. I do my best to answer those I can and I am allowed to answer.

Please note: Check my profile for updates sometimes. Cause sometimes I update it with interesting posts. Or with informations about my holidays. Which also can be interesting if you are waiting for support.

#8 stuguy

stuguy

Jagged Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:15 PM

I have this game since day one and despite my laptop being close to the minimum requirements the game has run smothly, that is until yesterday. Out of nowhere everytime I play the game the framerate drops to the point of making the game unplayable. At first I thought it was the crowded maps or some problem with my saved game but nope, the same thing happens when I start a new game.

For example, I start the Drassen airport level. At first everything seems normal, game plays fine as usual. As I advance in the level I start to notice some lag when scrolling the map and eventually things get so locked up that command inputs lag a lot (for example having to mash F10 for 5 seconds to open the menu)and weird graphical glitches start to appear, such as characters randomly start facing left/right in rapid succession while staying in the same spot and they do not carry out the plan&go orders. At this point the game looks like a slideshow and I have to quit since I can't play in these conditions.

What happened? I tried reinstalling the game but everything stayed the same. I tried playing in window mode, modified the refresh rate and lowered the detail level in the options screen but this changed nothing. Could it have something to do with steam? I don't have a lot of experience with this platform, the only game I have other than JA:BIA is CIV5 but it's not currently installed so I can't compare.

+1
I get framerate slow downs ONLY when i move the view screen over particular areas. Like the gas station in Estoni brought my powerful computer to a halt, or the glitched out Museum in Balime which is all sorts of techno colors and slows down my computer. There are more, tanks on fire slow down my PC greatly. There are a few more locations where just specific buildings slow down my computer. I will post them when I find them again.

Windows 7 64bit, AMD 6 core 3.2Ghz, 8GB DDR3 Ram, ATI Radeon 6800.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users