Get the Blue Dawn mod version 0.4b (you need it for this mod):
Download the Firearms Rebalanced Experiment version 2.4 (stable):
This is a modification for Jagged Alliance - Back in Action. This mod was made to work on top of the "Blue Dawn" mod.
The Firearms Rebalanced Experiment aims to tweak everything weapon related to make the game more realistic and more fun.
The following noticable adjustments have been made:
- All weapons are realistically balanced.
- Weapons have a small increase in maximum range.
- AI can engage at twice the distance now, which results in less mindless rushing and more realistic firefights.
- Weapons do more damage. No more need to shoot someone dozen of times.
- High caliber rounds can penetrate armor easily at short range, but harder at distances.
- Weapons are not 100% accurate. The merc's skill is a lot more important now.
- Due to the above changes, cover plays a much bigger role. This results in gameplay more similar to JA2 or 7.62 High Caliber.
- Machineguns and snipers gain a large accuracy bonus when shooting from the prone position to simulate the use of bipods.
- The RPM settings represent how easy a weapon is to handle. All weapons are realistically balanced on handling (Thanks to Leon026!).
- The better a weapon handles (RPM), the easier it is to aim while standing.
- All stances, apart from running, are silent. You can now realistically walk around with your weapon raised.
- In running mode (F3), hip shooting has been replaced by semi-aiming snap shots. Snap shots are just as fast but more accurate.
- Some weapons are priced for their accuracy, while others are priced for their handling (RPM).
- The rocket rifles have been turned into realistic semi-automatic grenade launchers.
And don't forget, this mod is an addon for the awesome Blue Dawn mod. I'll be keeping this mod up to date with their latest version.
Blue Dawn mod team for their awesome mod that is used as a base for this one.
Leon026 (from Jabia official forums) for the weapon RPM settings.
DEXTERCANE (from Jabia official forums) for helping making this mod compatible with the IMP mod.
Sbobovyc (from Jabia official forums) for his modding tools.
The game developers for the support they give to the community.
Jabia community for everything else.
Version 2.4 Stable
- Fixed the text in the game.
Version 2.3 Stable
- Updated to Blue Dawn version 0.4b.
- Implemented Blue Dawn hotfix that fixes the shops. According to Blue Dawn, a new game is required.
- Minor changes to the perception of enemies.
- The price of the 40mm grenades has been doubled, as they were too cheap.
Version 2.2 Stable
- Updated to Blue Dawn version 0.4, compatible with game version 1.11.
- Changed stats on new Blue Dawn weapons to make them in line with the rest of the arsenal.
- Minor stat adjustments.
- Warsaw Pact ammo is now less expensive compared to NATO ammo. This is to simulate the abundance of Warsaw Pact ammo.
- Reworked the launchers due to the changes the new game patch brings.
--+ The LAW now fires anti-personnel rockets.
--+ All grenade launchers now use the new 40mm grenade ammo, which is fired in an arc.
- Reworked the attachments.
--+ The EOTech gives a large reaction time bonus.
--+ The Red Dot gives a small reaction time bonus and a small accuracy bonus.
--+ The ACOG gives a moderate accuracy bonus and a moderate reaction time penalty.
--+ The Sniper Scope gives a large accuracy bonus and a large reaction time penalty.
--+ The ACOG and Sniper Scope are now a lot more accurate, so this should make the snipers a bit more precise.
- Changed skill of enemies.
--+ Reduced marksman skill of all enemies. This should make most enemies a little bit less accurate to compensate for their numbers and infinite ammo.
--+ The higher level the enemy is, the better they can shoot and the further they can see.
--+ Now there's a much larger difference between low and high level enemies.
--+ This change makes most player mercs better than the initial low level enemy grunts.
--+ Hopefully this will make for a more gradual difficulty curve.
- Redone the perception system.
--+ Switched back to low (below 100) perception skill values.
--+ Now, to adjust the view distance the new parameters are used that the game developers added in the recent patch.
--+ Unalerted enemies have a small view cone similar to vanilla Jabia.
--+ Alerted enemies have a more realistic view distance, they will see and shoot at you from much further (like it was before).
--+ This means stealth is again possible, until you get compromised!
Click below for full history log: